Tuesday, April 3, 2007

We have jobs

We just wanted ya'll to know that we both now have jobs, so we are going to be able to afford rent when it comes due in June.

I got a job at the Painted Clay Studio. It is a place where a people can come to paint pottery in addition to miscellaneous other things. I am liking it very well thus far. It is a small studio with 4 employees plus the owner, so no corporate rules to mess with. The funny thing about getting the job is that I met the owner at Copy Express sending a fax of my resumes to various places and she gave me an application. It is just a part-time job for now but has the potential to become a full-time position, but we wiill see.
-A

I've started as a server at Puleo's Grille. I greet every table within 45 seconds as such: "Hello, welcome to Puleo's, my name is Matt, I'll be taking care of you this evening. can I start you off with a Big Orange Bellini, Puleo's Pina Colada, or a glass of our Secret Sangria?" all with huge cheesy smile and facial expressions. Then after the "45-second greet", I say "While you're looking over the menu, why don't I put in an order of our Fried Green Tomatoes, or Spinach Queso Dip with tortilla chips for you?" The whole thing is really lame, but I have to continue to do it or I wont get the good shifts. However, in all likelyhood, it's helping my tips anyway. While being gainfully employed isn't as glamorous as we imagine it is while unemployed, I will say this, it's definately more lucrative.
-M

1 comment:

Anne Koski said...

Matt, Remember Act 2 of episode 245...
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1177