Monday, April 16, 2007

The really cheap purse...

Once upon a time there was a lady that worked at Family Video. Going about her regular routines. A customer came to the counter ready to check out.
"Can I get your telephone number, please?" said the employee.
"555-1978"
"Thanks Jennifer!"
"Your total today is $5.25."
Jennifer pulled her purse to the counter and the employee stared in amazement!
"Wow, I LOVE your purse," said the excited employee!
"Thank you! A local woman owns a business making them, here's her business card. And they are cheap!"
"Awesome, I'll have to visit their website!"
"Oh and be sure to tell her Jennifer sent you to her!"
"Ok, will do. Your movie is due back tomorrow before midnight."
"See you next week," Jennifer said as she left.
As she was leaving the employee noticed the huge ring she was wearing and thought to herself, I think her cheap is a lot different than my cheap.

The first thing the employee did when she got home was logged onto the Internet to check out the website.
"Holy...," said the fainting lady!
Sure enough, Jennifer's cheap was a $90 purse!
"That is WAY out of my price range, considering the most expensive purse I own was $20!" talking to herself.

Still looking at the purses, the ladies creative mind kicked into gear.
"I can make these myself," she thought to herself.
And sure enough she went to the fabric store a few days later to make one.

However, it wasn't that simple. She looked through a few pattern books and saw the purse she wanted to make with a few alterations that would be simple, found the pattern in the file and got the supplies.

When she finally sat down to make the purse it turned out nothing like she had hoped for. It was about 3 inched by 2 inches! "Wow, that won't even hold my wallet!"

Apparently, the title of the pattern, 'Mini Purses' was ignored completely.

So, fed up with the pattern, the lady made her own pattern with the help of her mother.

And this is what she came up with:

-A

No comments: