Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brew-ha-ha

Another year came and went. I'm 27 now, and life's moving faster and faster. It seems like I remember a year taking an incomprehensible amount of time to pass, now they fly by like...well...flies. On my birthday, Ashley sent me on a scavenger hunt. Mom had done something similar for me at Christmas, and it was fun. I had to solve 9 riddles to find my present. The first 8 had a large construction paper cutout letter attached to each. The last riddle was to arrange them into a word or words.

I found it!


No she didn't get me a 6-Pack! Well, yes she did actually, but that wasn't the real present. I've recently (somewhat) been inspired to try my hand at homebrewing beer. It requires some specific equipment. I'm fairly picky when it comes to specific use items, and Ashley didn't want to buy me something that I wouldn't be able to use. So she sponsored a shopping trip to the local homebrew store. Well, what I needed was actually at home depot, but thats neither here nor there. Check out my setup!

the guitar has nothing to do with beer brewing, but what you see here is:
150,000 BTU Bayou Classic outdoor LP burner
10 Gallon brew kettle, made from 6mm aluminum
1 handmade immersion chiller. 50' of 1/2" OD Copper Refrigerant tubing.
1 5 Gallon "Ale Pail" Primary Fermenter.
There's more yet to buy, but these are some very key pieces.

\\\v///
(o) (o)

\___/
me, excited

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Volksweiser - the breakfast of champions!