Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!



Wednesday the 7th was, as you may well know, my birthday, yea! For dinner, we ate shrimp fettucini alfredo, garlic toast, and peas, all accompanied by a "fine" chardonnay. Ashley made a German chocolate cake for me, her first ever.
It was boring, but perfect. She got me a really nice pair of gore-tex hiking shoes, which I use every Sunday. Moron that later.
Friday the 9th, Dan(Ashley's brother) and Kim(his fiancee), took Ashley and I out for the night in Nashville, unfortunately we forgot the camera. We experienced the Frist art museum, featuring Mexican lithography and paintings from Picasso's blue period and several from Matisse, fantastic! Afterword we went to a Moroccan themed restaurant called Layl'a rul, they are well known in Nashville for their martinis and fine cuisine. We, the table, ordered nearly everything from their tapas menu, excluding only 2 or 3 items. Dinner was fantastic and I was overly stuffed. However, after dinner, Dan and Kim took us out for dessert and drinks. We went to The Melting Pot, a great fondue restaurant/bar, which has stoves built into the tables. We had a caramel fondue and a chocolate fondue brought to the table with two huge platters of strawberries, bananas, pineapples, cheesecake, fried marshmallows, and brownie pieces. Oh my stomach hurts just thinking about it again. Thank you Dan and Kim for the most extravagant birthday celebration I've ever experienced.
-M

No comments: